Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Break

Break!!!!Sometimes the students and the teachers think this break can't come fast enough but I always find myself looking ahead at what wonderful things are coming up and I think about the excellent music that I and the children will get to explore once our Christmas concerts are over. I also get excited for upcoming performances. The 7th and 8th grade will sing at ILCC in Estherville in January.

The high school students will start to prepare solos and choir selections for the pops concert. The kids enjoy this time of year the best I think because they get a lot of leadership opportunities in January. They do get to help advise me on musical selections at this time of year.

In addition to the pops concert, I often start to think ahead, at this time,to our State Solo Contest. This is a chance for our singers to perform on very difficult musical selections in small groups and solos. They work in lesson time with me and we discover songs that fit their voices and we present these selections in front of a judge who will give a critique. The children have a chance to be medal earners by receiving a division I II or III. It provides a wonderful chance for self expression and musical growth.

Have a fantastic time with your family and friends next week and come back ready to sing!!! I consider it an honor to work with your children they are just terrific!!!

Parents please encourage your child to get involved with vocal music everyone is welcome to join us!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment